In many cases, where residential property is impacted by overhead high voltage cables or its supporting apparatus, the private homeowner is able to seek compensation for its impact. Thomson Broadbent have years of expertise negotiating new Easement and Wayleave agreements that take into consideration the impact such equipment has on property value.

    We can help with:

    High Voltage Case Studies & Testimonials


    • Who is eligible?

      If you are the registered legal owner of the property where electrical equipment is situated and no permanent rights have previously been granted you will be eligible to claim for wires, poles and stays.

      If you are unsure, please call us on 01536 273697 and we can advise whether your property qualifies.

    • How much will this cost me?

      We only charge a success fee of 20% plus VAT which is payable following the payment made to yourself by the electricity company in respect of a new agreement. Please note we operate on a no win, no fee basis, which means that there are no costs to pay unless we are successful in sourcing you a new agreement.

    • How long will my claim take?

      Most of our claims take between 6 months and 2 years to complete, however this timescale can be affected by factors outside of our control such as budgetary constraints within the electricity providers.